What is Acupressure?
Acupressure is Chinese Massage and is based on the same principles as acupuncture but using pressure instead of needles. Pressure is applied by the use of the palms of the hands, fingers and thumbs, and elbows.
This full body treatment corrects internal energy imbalances, promotes release of stress and gives a sense of well-being and deep relaxation. One session of Chinese massage lasts between half to one full hour.
The problems commonly treated by acupressure are list below:
- Neurological Problems: Headaches, Migraines, Post-operative pain, Stroke residuals.
- Muscular-Skeletal Problems: Muscle pain and weakness, Sciatica, Backaches, Muscle cramping, Arthritis, Disc problem.
- Digestive Problems: Abdominal pain, Hyperacidity, Chronic diarrhea, Indigestion, Constipation.
- Eyes, Ears and Dental Problems: Near sight Tinnitus, Nervous deafness, Toothaches, Post extraction pain.
- Gynecological Problems: Infertility, PMS, Cramps, Menopausal symptoms, Labor pain.
- Emotional Problems: Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety, Nervousness, Neurosis.
Preventative Treatments and Their Benefits:
- Increasing vitality and energy
- Reducing stress to achieve deep relaxation
- Rejuvenating skin
- Controlling weight
- Quitting smoking
- alcohol and drug addictions
- Enhancing athletic performance
- Relieving pain
- Strengthening immune systems
- Regulating blood pressure